Sorry guys for my unannounced hiatus; these last few weeks were hectic because Ive been working on two portfolios. BUT now im back at it, and man, I have sooo many new recipes!!! Some include avocado egg salad and oat flour: pizza, blueberry tart, cinnamon waffles, pancakes and a few more. Ill post them through out the week.
Picture: Oat flour crust pizza, BEFORE oven.
Meal prep for tomorrow, minus breakfast and dinner.
Mid-morning snack: Carrots and an orange.
Lunch: Grilled chicken, broccoli, and half a sweet potato.
Preworkout snack: Rice cake with peanut butter.
*TIP: Eating Peanut butter before working out helps burn fat*
Good Morning Tumblr! Lets make today productive!
I love making my own granola cereal and eating it with chilled almond milk.
Good afternoon fitfam! I have a treat for you all today!
My sister and I were off today and we both had a sweet tooth, so my sister created a new recipe called Taylor’s Dark Chocolate Truffles. I had to share it because it would be selfish of me if I didnt! These truffles are to die for.
Here’s what youll need:
- 5 or 6 tbsp of 100% cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp of water
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbsp of natural peanut butter
- chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Mix together vanilla, cocoa powder, peanut butter, water, and honey until thick.
- Portion out mixture and roll into small balls.
- Top the balls with coconut and/or nuts (optional).
- Enjoy chilled or room temp!
Okay, this is my last post for the night, I promise!
So I posted the recipe of my Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bars 3 weeks ago and this is just an example of what Id eat for breakfast with it; 2 egg whites with spinach,my traditional green drank that has spinach, a banana, and a few strawberries, and turkey sausage!
OMG, I was in heaven last Sunday when I made these Mini Banana and Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins. So delightful.
Heres what youll need:
- 2 cups of Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of vanilla
- 3 bananas
- 1/3 cup of vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use the 2 cups of oats to make your own oat flour (or buy your own). Place into grinder or mill with NutriBullet until smooth.
- Transfer oat flour into medium sized bowl; mix in all dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix all wet ingredients; combine with dry.
- Pour mix into mini cupcake pans. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago how coconut oil has changed my life for the better. I usually drink a cup of green tea every morning and add a tablespoon of coconut oil to it. This boosts your metabolism significantly, which is awesome for weight loss. I brought this from Sam’s Club for about $8.00…not too shabby. It should last for awhile, but it goes quickly in my household because my sister constantly uses it for her hair -__-
Anyways, I hope you guys pick some up and get your metabolisms going at full speed! :)
This is probably my favorite snack ever. Ever.
This is for my Peanut Butter and Jelly lovers…except the fitblr version. Its very simple to make and pleasurable to eat; I call it The PB&J Rice Cake Sandwich. All you need are salt free brown rice cakes (make sure its made from 100% brown rice with no additives), all natural peanut butter (I LOVE the Krema brand. Also, make sure it’s made from 100% peanuts), and an all natural fruit preservative (I used strawberry. Beware of preservatives that had added ingredients and sugars!)