*TIP: Eating Peanut butter before working out helps burn fat*
Good Morning Tumblr! Lets make today productive!
I love making my own granola cereal and eating it with chilled almond milk.
Good afternoon fitfam! I have a treat for you all today!
My sister and I were off today and we both had a sweet tooth, so my sister created a new recipe called Taylor’s Dark Chocolate Truffles. I had to share it because it would be selfish of me if I didnt! These truffles are to die for.
Here’s what youll need:
- 5 or 6 tbsp of 100% cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp of water
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbsp of natural peanut butter
- chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Mix together vanilla, cocoa powder, peanut butter, water, and honey until thick.
- Portion out mixture and roll into small balls.
- Top the balls with coconut and/or nuts (optional).
- Enjoy chilled or room temp!
Okay, this is my last post for the night, I promise!
So I posted the recipe of my Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bars 3 weeks ago and this is just an example of what Id eat for breakfast with it; 2 egg whites with spinach,my traditional green drank that has spinach, a banana, and a few strawberries, and turkey sausage!
OMG, I was in heaven last Sunday when I made these Mini Banana and Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins. So delightful.
Heres what youll need:
- 2 cups of Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of vanilla
- 3 bananas
- 1/3 cup of vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use the 2 cups of oats to make your own oat flour (or buy your own). Place into grinder or mill with NutriBullet until smooth.
- Transfer oat flour into medium sized bowl; mix in all dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix all wet ingredients; combine with dry.
- Pour mix into mini cupcake pans. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago how coconut oil has changed my life for the better. I usually drink a cup of green tea every morning and add a tablespoon of coconut oil to it. This boosts your metabolism significantly, which is awesome for weight loss. I brought this from Sam’s Club for about $8.00…not too shabby. It should last for awhile, but it goes quickly in my household because my sister constantly uses it for her hair -__-
Anyways, I hope you guys pick some up and get your metabolisms going at full speed! :)
This is probably my favorite snack ever. Ever.
This is for my Peanut Butter and Jelly lovers…except the fitblr version. Its very simple to make and pleasurable to eat; I call it The PB&J Rice Cake Sandwich. All you need are salt free brown rice cakes (make sure its made from 100% brown rice with no additives), all natural peanut butter (I LOVE the Krema brand. Also, make sure it’s made from 100% peanuts), and an all natural fruit preservative (I used strawberry. Beware of preservatives that had added ingredients and sugars!)
So Ive been experimenting with making my own flours using my NutriBullet. For the last couple of days Ive milled my own OAT flour! It works wonderfully! Ive created a few delicious recipes. This one is my "Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bars", which tastes just like oatmeal cookies, and I have a “naughty” recipe, strictly for that night that you are REALLY craving dark chocolate; that recipe, which Ill post later, is called "Dark Chocolate Coconut Monkey Balls" (Dont ask me why I named it that) but its sooooo addicting and kind of tastes like the Girl Scout cookies called “Samoas”.
Lately Ive been working with Coconut oil and Ive been hooked! Its so amazing, and the perfect BUTTER substitute! Like, the consistency and flavor is on point and will forever be in my pantry. My food quality and taste has gone up 200%….SO, if you havent already tried coconut oil, go get some NOW! Its literally everywhere! Alrighty now, Ill stop my rant and continue with this fabulous recipe:
Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bars:
-2/3 cup oat flour
-1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
-2 TB coconut oil, melted
-4 TB agave nectar
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 egg + 1 egg white
-1 tsp cinnamon
-2/3 cup raisins
-2 TB honey (optional)
-1/3 cup unsweetened coconut (optional)
-1/3 cup walnuts OR pecans (optional)
-1-2 TB unsweetened almond milk, if needed
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the dry ingredients together
- Mix the wet ingredients, then add to dry
- Smooth mixture onto your pan of choice, depending on how thick you want the bars to be
- Leave them in the oven until a golden brown
- Allow to cool off, then cut and serve :)
I hope you all like the recipe! Update me if you all decide to make it! :’)
Shout out to my twin sister Taylor (we’re fraternal) and her 60 pounds down! We both started our journey about 2 years ago and are still going strong. So proud of her; hopefully this is an inspirational photo to all of the fitblrs out there. :)